An extra service MV Project Management offers is event management.
Being a previous PMO and event manager in London, Melanie Galatis has the experience and knowledge required to organise your event with excellence.
We are happy to take on any event of any size, from Christenings, to birthday parties, weddings, baby showers and family celebrations.
Type of Events on Ithaca:
- Church Ceremonies & Christenings/Baptisms
- Birthday Parties
- Company Parties
- Traditional Dance Events
- Special Occasions
- Sporting Events
- Fundraising Events
- Corporate Events
- Creative Events
Travel to Ithaca
If you need any guidance on travelling to and from Ithaca we can assist you with all you need to know. Ithaca, is one of the smallest of the Ionian Islands without an airport which makes travelling a bit more of a challenge – but totally worth it.
How to get to the island?
Fly to Kefalonia Island ( Ithaca’s neighbouring island)
- Catch a taxi from the Argostoli Airport to Sami Port (cost of taxi 50E)
- Hire a car from the Airport to Sami Port (drive about 45min – 60min)
- Catch ferry from Sami Port to Ithaca (Ionian Pelagos at 2.45pm or Kefalonia Lines later on)
- Ferry arrives at Pisa Aetos Port, then catch a taxi to North or South of the island or Rent a Car (30min to Stavros (30Euro), 10min to Vathi (10-15Euro)
- Destination arrival
We offer our services to help you organise your car hire with reasonable rates or taxi transfers / bus transfers. Please contact us!
Many airlines fly to Kefalonia from most of Europe. In season Airlines operate from April until November. Out of season there are local flights from Athens only. Olympic Airlines or Aegean Airlines.
Fly to Athens
- Fly to Athens and either drive a hired car or taxi transfer or bus transfer to Patra Port. 3hr drive. Ktel Bus Station Athens.
- From Patras a ferry is caught 4hrs arriving at Pisa aetos on Ithaca via Kefalonia, Sami stop over.
- Departure 12;00 Patra, arriving 4pm Ithaca.
- An alternative route is driving to Kilini further on from Patras, and catching the ferry to Poros on Kefalonia. And then either driving or Taxi to Sami, and another ferry to Ithaca.
Ferry Time Schedules are released closer to the season. Please click on the links above and check their timetables accordingly.
Hiring Cars / Scooters on the Island
We can help with good prices and reliable cars and scooters. Contact us!
Boat Hire / Rental
We can organise day trips to other islands, special events on private boats, boat transfers to and from beaches on and around Ithaca, or rent your own boat from the local beaches: Polis Bay, Kioni Bay, and Vathi Bay and explore the island.
We can introduce you to our local contacts for you to enjoy explore and enjoy the many activities that Ithaca has to offer. Contact us for bookings.
- Kayaking/ Canoeing
- Walking / Hiking
Beaches to visit
We can recommend you many beaches that are both pebbled and sandy. Popular beaches or even those secluded beaches, or private beaches that include a walk or drive to get to.
- Coffee shops / Restaurants
- Food and Drinks
- History of Ithaca (caves, School of Homer etc.
- Festivals during the summer
- Theatre and live music
- Bars / Clubbing